A Happy Healthy Life for 2020
For many people, the new year is an opportunity to commit to a healthier lifestyle. For a truly vibrant life, it's important to make choices that support you in every way. Here are some tips for natural living that will nurture your physical and mental health.
How to Live a Natural Lifestyle
First, it's important to define what natural living means to you. This isn't about a set of rules, but an approach to your life that eliminates things that are a drain on your health. Exactly what that looks like is different for each person. Here are some ideas to consider.
1. Reduce Toxic Load
The more you can do to remove the toxins in your environment the happier your body will be.
- Replace store bought cleaners with natural options such as vinegar.
- Swap out cosmetics and body care products for safer, organic versions.
- Take off your shoes in the house to reduce the toxins you track inside.
2. Eat Real Food
Processed food is engineered to have a long shelf life and to be palatable so you crave it past the point of hunger, not to nourish your body.
- Cooking your food from scratch is a big step toward feeding your body with what it needs.
- For an extra boost of anti-inflammatory care, stir CBD into smoothies, dips, or even a cup of cocoa.
- Make a few simple switches. Instead of getting something from the vending machine to combat the afternoon slump, try eating an orange and see how much better you feel.
3. Proactive Health Choices
It's a powerful thing to make the choice to take care of yourself.
- Try gentle alternative remedies. This can be as simple as a cup of herbal tea to help you sleep or an invigorating essential oil blend for an energy boost. Naturally, CBD is one of our favorites to promote balance in the body and mind.
- Be sure to include mental health care. Consider what will help you feel your best, like time with friends, meditation, or counseling. Many people find that CBD helps improve sleep, which is key to emotional wellness. It's also been shown to help reduce anxiety.
- Carve out time for self-care. Every person feels nurtured in different ways, so figure out what those are and make them a priority in your life.
- Getting enough movement is good for your health, both physical and mental. Take a walk or a yoga class - whatever makes you feel invigorated.
Don't Settle for Less Than the Best Form of CBD
To get the most out of your CBD, make sure it's the highest quality. Look for CBD that has been extracted using supercritical CO2 and is lab-certified so you can feel confident that you're giving your body the best.